I've realized that I sometimes take my friends for granted. This is a strange thing for someone like me to say, because I went through a 6 or so year period where I had no friends. No real ones, at least. So now that I have so many incredible friends, why don't I appreciate them more? Why don't I let them know how much I love them?
This has been a thought on my mind for awhile now, but I never really acted upon this thought. Today, though, I was browsing Pinterest (a regular pastime for me) when I came across this saying that really pertained to me. It reads:
I always forget
how much people
mean to me, but
every once in awhile
there are those nights
where everything goes
perfectly
and I look around
and see the friends I'm
surrounded by,
and I feel like I wouldn't
replace them for
anything in the whole world.
-A.M.
I read that and it just hit me: I love my friends so much. More than anything. And so, with this on my mind, I proceeded to text a certain few (actually, like 8) of my closest friends. I just let them know that I love them so much, that they're such a blessing to me, and that I'm so grateful for their friendship. It made me feel really good about myself and the life that I'm living.
Friends are such an essential part of my life nowadays and I know that I need to appreciate them more. I often am quite the downer, and I complain a lot. I'd really like to get out of that habit. I feel like it would help me to be a better friend if I were to listen to their conversations and worries, rather than express my own too often.
So that's my goal! I really hope to remember it and be able to accomplish it.
- hads
No comments:
Post a Comment